Tuesday, August 14, 2012

{Recipes} Madras Chicken

OK, this is my new favorite meal to make my family.  Not only is it easy, it is also delicious!  The recipe comes from my dear friend, Liz, who we miss like crazy here in Edinburgh, but my family is loving living in her former flat (we moved last month - pictures to come)!

I wish I had photos to go with this recipe, but I'm not making it till tomorrow night and I promised to post it today!

Madras Chicken



6 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1/3 cup oil (I use olive though original recipe calls for vegetable I think)
2 TBS butter
1 tsp salt
1 small onion minced
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
I jar chutney ( about 10 oz though I use two jars cause we like it really saucy! I prefer mango chutney and Taylor prefers apple/pear.  Any will do!)

Make sauce over medium heat in saucepan, once it boils, pour over chicken and refrigerate 30 min or longer.  Then you can broil, grill or bake it - I put it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10-15 min or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve over rice (preferably basmati).

I will add photos to this tomorrow (if I remember to charge my camera).  As for now, here is a cute pic of Seth and Caroline while we were in the Highlands.

Pretty much impossible to get two 2 year olds both looking at the camera!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?